Sunday, February 17, 2008

Our Weekend in Salt Lake

We headed up to Salt Lake on Wednesday, but we only made it to Beaver. The weather was horrible so we had to stay the night in a hotel. I don't think I have ever been in such a bad storm. It started a little after Parowan and just got worse. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I'm jumpy enough when we travel in good weather, this just made it 10 times worse!!! I've never been so happy to see the exit to Beaver! We woke up the next morning and headed back out on the road. They were still a little icy and slushy so I was still on edge, but it was much better than the night before.




We pulled in to Salt Lake and it was covered with snow.

Since it was Valentine's Joe let me go shopping and then we went to dinner with Heather and Aaron.

The next day was my friend Kenna's wedding. I was a bridesmaid so I had to get all dolled up! I went to a salon to have someone curl my hair for me because I am hair challenged. I ended up paying WAY too much for it, but at least I looked better than I would have made it look, right???



Saturday, the girls headed up to Park City to do more shopping. You would think I see enough clothes since I work retail! But I love to shop! I take advantage of the stores when I am up in Salt Lake because we have nothing in St. George! We had a really fun time together.

Today we have to go back to St. George. It's always nice to get home after a little vacation, but it's always hard for me to leave. I love spending time with my family, especially my little brothers and sister. Joe knows that I will usually cry when we leave. It's just the way I am! We had a great time this weekend. Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us stay and always making us feel welcome!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh my heck Natalie- you look so gorgous!! How did my son get so darned lucky to land a gal as amazing as You!!?? I am so GRATEFUL that your travels ended well and that you're home safe and sound. We're going to have a cook-out at our place tomorrow (MONDAY) Can you guys come? we'll hold some food back until you get off work!!
Its great to have you posting again too. I've missed you!!

Chelsea said...

Nat! You're BEEautiful! I'm so jealous you got to go shopping...in park city and SL AND get your hair done!!!! Who cares the cost when you feel and look so great!!
I'm glad you and Joe finally made it up there. That storm was AWEFUL!!!
We're coming on Tuesday for a Dr. appt, so hopefully we can see you guys!

Brandon and Tenille said...

I loved seeing you at Kennas wedding Natalie. You are such a good friend to Kenna and we love you weeks girls. You looked goreous that night so your money on your hair I would say was well spent. Tell your husband he was a good sport for hanging in there with ya. Hope you had fun shopping and got some good stuff. Love you guys to death love tenille...

Jules said...

Yeah! You posted again! I've been checking pretty regularly to see what you two are up to.

Talk about a harrowing trip! I'm glad you two are ok, and you look fantastic! So fun to see what's going on in the lives of Joe and Nat!