Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Update



Well, I'm still on bedrest. I went to the perinatologist last week. Unfortunately they saw that my cervix had shortened again to 1.4 cm. I really wasn't expecting it to shorten that much in a week since I had been on bedrest. The doctor said he didn't want to see it shorten that much either. And then he surprised both of us when he said that if they could get me to 29 or 30 weeks then he would feel good about it. I knew that it was a possibility that he could come early, but I guess it was just a surprise to hear him actually say it. They put me on some medication to stop contractions if I start to have them and I also have to get progesterone shots once a week. I had a little scare yesterday, I was having some pressure and Heather ended up taking me in to Labor and Delivery just to make sure everything was okay.I still wasn't showing any contractions and hadn't started dilating...thank goodness!!! I just hope this little guy will decide to stay put for a few more weeks, at least!!! I tell him every day that he can't come yet...we'll see if he decides to listen. I go see the perinatologist again tomorrow. Hopefully it will be good news!!

10 comments:

LTC said...

Oh Natalie...hang in there girlie! Keep us updated when you can...

Megan said...

Nat,
That's kinda scary!!! I keep updated (ask Joe) on how you're doing...and I feel for ya girl! :Z Sorry your lil' guy is being a lil diobedient...but when he finally does get here, first thing you needa teach him is how to listen to his mama! haha! Love ya Nat!

Brandon and Tenille said...

Ok natalie I am glad to hear that your back home that is if this post is recent enough cause kenna told me you went into the hospital and I freaked out. Keep us update girlie we worry about you and that little babe. Sorry you have to deal with this as well no fun the only fun thing is yo wont get a huge belly if he delivers early but I am sure you would trade that any day for him to be in there longer. Kepp us posted and you stay off your feet for sure...

Rachel said...

Good luck with everything! Especially not going crazy! Not very fun stuff. I'm glad Joe is being good to you. Or else I would come down there and beat him!

Cindy said...

What a perfect picture Natalie!! I can see you trying to make the best of this unexpected situation!! We are all here for you!! Any time, any place. Love ya!

pacemaker said...

Nat,
I think of you everyday and of course ask your Mom about you every day, she probably gets tired of me asking. I'm still collecting things to make your diaper cake, might have to make it sooner than I thought, huh? Hang in there, I'm praying for you and your little guy.

Riggs Rascals said...

hey nat! Keep your legs crossed! We miss you so much at work already. having just joe is not the same! Your incubator is a lot better than the hospitals!!==So hang in there!

ChristyLou said...

I'm so sorry you have to go through this! I'm glad that Joe's taking good care of you though. Hopefully it will just be a precaution that turns out unnecessary like it was for me. They put me on bed rest with Cambri at 31 weeks and she was 9 days LATE! We're thinking of you and praying for you.

Chelsea said...

Nat! I can only imagine you are ready to pull your hair out!!! I'm so glad joe is so helpful and waits on you hand and foot. I hope he lets you get your crib soon too!!! :) We'll come over tomorrow when we bring dinner to you guys! C-ya then!

Megan said...

I LOVE THIS PICTURE! haha! :) Good one Nat!