Sunday, November 9, 2008

He's Finally Here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Logan Joseph Stephenson, November 8th, 2008, 9:53 AM, 6 lbs. 2 oz., 18 inches long. And absolutely perfect!!! He decided to join us exactly one month before his due date. It turns out that I not only have incompetent cervix, but we found out on Friday that I was in the beginning stages of pre-eclampsia. I was scheduled to be induced on the 10th...but he just couldn't wait that long! I started having contractions late Friday night but I just ignored them and thought they would go away. By 6 AM Saturday I was in major pain and the contractions were coming a lot closer together. We finally decided to go in to the hospital at about 7:30. They hooked me up to the monitors and checked me and I was dilated to an 8 , fully effaced, and my bag was bulging. It was time to have a baby!!!! We made a few quick phone calls to share the news, moved in to the delivery room and about 2 hours and a few pushes later he was here! It was an emotional and amazing day! As of now, we are still in the hospital. He had a slightly high billirubin level so he is spending his time under the lights. Other than a few low blood sugars he hasn't had any problems and we are planning on going home tomorrow morning. He's such a sweet baby...hardly even cries and loves to cuddle...my favorite part!! We love him so much and are so excited to finally have him here with us...for eternity!!




Hard to even describe...just PRECIOUS!!!! We love you baby boy!!!

15 comments:

Jenni Terry said...

Natalie and Joe
Congratulations! What a beautiful baby - I love all that hair! I'm so excited and happy for you both and am glad to hear that all is well.
Jenni

LTC said...

Congrats Natalie and Joe! He is perfect and you deserve it! Way to go...

Eric and Lindsay said...

oh Nat he is beautiful! congrats!! I can't wait to meet him!

Brandon and Tenille said...

Natalie and Joe congrats. He is so beautiful and sounds to be a very healthy little guy. Ok can I just say I LOVE the hair. It sounds like for the most part everything went well. I cant wait to meet him. Good job natalie I know you are going to be the best mom ever, its so natural to you just like heather so there is no question you know what you are doing. Let us know when your down in sandy so we can come meet the little guy.....

Lisa said...

Congratulations, Natalie and Joe! We are so happy for you. He is a beautiful baby, and we are excited to see him grow up with cousin L! Much love to all three of you...
L's Grammy and family

Chelsea said...

He is just so precious and beautiful! I can't wait to have a little snuggle with him when he comes home! He definitely has the best Mom and Dad! Congrats!!!

Megan said...

Nat and Joe...
CONGRATS on being new Mommy and Daddy! I've been WAITING for him to finally get here (probably not quite as impatient as you guys...but close) and I'm so glad he's here and he's healthy! :) You guys are honestly going to be such incredible parents...and I can't wait to meet this new little guy sometime! :)
Love ya Nat! Thanks for letting me know when he was born! I was so EXCITED to get the message! :D

Megan said...

PS. If a boy can be "beautiful"...he definitely is! But if Joe say's he can't be a beautiful baby...he's for sure the most handsome little boy I've seen! He's absolutely Perfect!

pacemaker said...

Oh my gosh, your Mom didn't even call me! Congratulations, He's beautiful and look at that hair!

Cindy said...

He is so very perfect Natalie!! So beautiful!! Thank you for bringing another wonderous soul into our life!! We so look forward to grandparenting little Logan!! We are all so blessed!!

Jules said...

Congratulations! What a sweet little baby boy! We are both so excited for you!

Sharon Mae said...

What a doll! His baby chick hair is just like Joe's was! I'm so glad he arrived safely and that momma is doing well. I'll bet daddy is pretty happy, too. Enjoy!

Brittany said...

Oh my gosh that is sooo wonderful congrats. He's precious. Isn't the feeling so overwhelming so much love. I'm so happy for you way to go.

Jami Hansen said...

Congratulations! He is so dang cute. I'm sooo excited for you guys. How are you feeling Natalie? I saw the note at Christensen's last night. I can't wait to see him. I want you to call me when you take him to Christensen's to show him off. I will run right over.

Chance and Kimi said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! He is adorable!!! :) That is so exciting! Keep on posting more pictures of him!