Monday, April 21, 2008

Big News!!!

Well, here it is...I'm pregnant! I'm 6 1/2 weeks along, due December 12th. I know it's early, but I just couldn't hold it in any longer. We got an ultrasound today and we were able to see the heartbeat. It was amazing!! It actually seems real now. I can't even begin to tell you how excited Joe and I are. It was actually kind of unexpected. We had been trying for over a year, been on Clomid and all that, but nothing was happening except that I was moody and having hot flashes! I had decided to just give up and move on to the next thing...laparoscopy. I guess giving up like everyone told me to do was the right thing. I didn't start when I was supposed to so the next morning I took a pregnancy test, only because I had one at the house. For the first time I started to see 2 lines, one was lighter than the other but there were 2 lines. I wasn't sure what to expect. I opened the bathroom door and said, "Joe I think I'm pregnant! I took a pregnancy test and there were 2 lines." He rolled over in bed and said, "WHAT??" It was hard to believe at first. We didn't want to get our hopes up. But it's for real this time! We couldn't be happier! I know that we are so blessed to be able to have this child. We can't wait!!!!


That little tiny thing is our baby!! What do you think, boy or girl???

15 comments:

B and B Slack said...

I can't believe you didn't tell me the good news today! I kind of thought that is what you and Aubs were talking about but I didn't want to but in. Congrats! Very exciting!

Brandon and Tenille said...

Ok I have been waiting for this post cause kena told me a few days after you told her so I knew the announcement was soon. Yeah I am soooooo excitted for you guys I know you have been trying hard for awhile so yeah congrats. Natalie you will be the best mom I am sooo excitted for you guys cant wait for all the baby updates.

Chelsea said...

Yippee! You've finally posted it!!! I'm so excited Natalie and Joe I can't wait!!!!!! I WANT it to be a BOY just so Lachlan has a little buddy! But, I will be super happy if it's a girl too...then i can make her all these cute things i'm seeing and wanting to make!!
Now you guys better get thinking of names and stocking up on the diapers!!! :)

pacemaker said...

I'm so thrilled for you and wanted to congratulate you since April 1! Especially since that was the day Brittany tricked me and put an ultrasound picture on her blog for April Fools. It wasn't funny to me at all! But I needed to wait to comment till you went public with the news. I actually cried when I read your blog this morning, even though I already knew I am so happy for you and Joe. It couldn't happen to two better people. I will pray for a healthly pregancy and baby! Love you, Natalie!

Cindy said...

Tears of joy are now offical too!! We are beyond happy for the two of you and for us!! We love being grandparents!! Thanks for finally posting it to the world!! Now I can too!!!!

ash said...

Congrats Natalie!! We're so excited for you! Glad everything went well yesterday at the ultrasound!!

Eric and Lindsay said...

YAY! CONGRATS NAT!! I am so happy for you guys! I knew it wouldn't be much longer:)

Jules said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is so exciting! We couldn't be happier for you!

Aaron and Heather said...

Happy Day!! We are so happy for you guys and can't wait for the little one to arrive! It is great to have 2 people in the fam pregnant and I am glad it is not me, ha ha J/K. Anyway congrats!!

Jared + Carly Reid said...

natalie we're soooooooo happy for you and joe!!!

Jami Hansen said...

You guys are going to be such great parents! Do want to take my kids for a few days? I'm just giving you some practice, so you can see how much fun it is. Ryker is wearing me out right now. So is working at Christensen's. J/k

ChristyLou said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you! It is very hard to wait for these little ones and I'm so glad that your wait is over (well sort of:). Good luck with your pregnancy and we can't wait to see you guys in July! Luv ya!

Cathy Ehlert said...

Congrats you two! Just wanted you to know that we are HAPPY about the news. Our firstborn came in December also and it's a great wasy to start the Holidays!

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is awesome news you guys! We are so happy for you!
Im sure Jake will really appreciate me volunteering him and all, but if you ever have any questions about development, or pregnancy, or baby care etc; he is a wealth of info, and would be willing to answer and questions you might have. He is a NICU nurse in St. George, and just starting his studies for his Neonatal Nurse Practitioner. Hope to see you guys around!
Love,
The Perrin Family (theperrinexperience.blogspot.com)

Cheffie-Mom said...

Congrats!! How exciting :) I just came across your blog and I love it. I can't wait to read more. I have a new blog called I Overcooked My Family and I am wanting to chat with other moms. I'd love to hear from you.