Thursday, October 2, 2008

Doctor's Appointments and Fun Craft

So I had 2 doctor's appointments this week. Yesterday I saw my regular doctor...nothing too exciting. I'm still dilated to a 1, the only difference is that the baby has moved down quite a bit. He says it still feels like he is floating rather than pressing right on my cervix. Today I went to the perinatologist. They did an ultrasound so we got to see the baby again! I love it!! The baby looks good, they said he even has hair!! That came as a shock to me! From their measurements they estimate that he weighs 3 lbs. 11 oz., but that's not completely accurate. My pregnancy books say that he should be about 3 pounds so I'm sure he's somewhere in the middle. They tried to get a 3D picture of his face but he didn't want to cooperate...already stubborn!! We would see his face for a second and then he would turn away or put his hand in front of his face. He was also pressing his nose right up against the placenta so that didn't help either. But things look good, they didn't measure my cervix so I don't know if it has shortened anymore, but I'm not too worried about that. I'm still pregant, that's all that matters!! And I'm still on bedrest...unfortuntately! But my sister-in-law bought these cute witches boots for us to make so we tackled them yesterday. It was so fun...and such a nice change from the TV!!!


Not the greatest picture, but I had to put one of me working!!

Chels and I with our boots.

The finished products...aren't they cute???

I had so much fun making this! I struggled with a few things...crafts aren't my forte!! But I love how it turned out. Thanks so much for thinking of me Chels, and thanks for spending the day over here! We definitely need to do it again!!


Oh, and my sister Ashley had a baby girl on Monday. Her name is Myra, 7 lbs. 1 oz., 18 1/2 inches long. And she is SO cute!!! Here's a picture to prove it...



Isn't she adorable?? We have a major shortage of girls in the Weeks family!! Congrats Dave & Ash!!!

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

That was so fun! We'll For sure plan another craft day! What do ya wanna do?! :)
Myra is so sweet! I love tiny babies...i can't wait to meet Logan!!!!! You didn't tell me they told you he has HAIR!

Cindy said...

It seems that the longer one knows Chelsea, you cant help but try something new and fun!! Im so glad that the two of you spent such a fun afternoon together!! I know that she really enjoys your company!!
The Weeks girls sure do make beautiful babies!! We all cant wait to see little Logan! But...we will wait for as long as we can!!!?
Im happy for you and your good news from all the doctors too!!

Megan said...

Nat,
Congrats on the good news! I'm thrilled that things are lookin' up as far as the Dr.'s appointments go! :) Thanks for the comment on my blog...yah, Lake Powell was a BLAST! Also...I didn't know you were a lil' crafty thing! WOW! Those witch boots are adorable! I wanna make something like that! It might just mean that I have to come over and spend the day with you! haha!
Ash's baby is gorgeous by the way! And WHAT...Logan has HAIR?!?! nuts!

Linz said...

Natalie, I've been wanting to call you and see how you are! I'm glad everything seems to be going well. When I see those cute pictures of you and Chels making cute crafts I get jealous! I want to play! Anyway, I hope you're managing, and know that we're thinking of you.
Lindsay

Brandon and Tenille said...

Those are the cutest witch boots I have ever seen. Kenna has been making a bunch of halloween stuff to and it is so cute as well. I am so jealous I could never just do something like that on my own good job. I am also glad to here the baby is still in there good for you natalie hopefully he will be here before you know it and then you can get on with things again. Good luck...